The Catholic life of our school is central to all we do at St. Mary's.
St Mary's is a Roman Catholic Primary School with the love, life and teachings of Jesus and the Catholic Christian Church at the heart of all that we do. St Mary’s is part of Plymouth CAST Multi Academy Trust.
Prayer and worship is a distinctive feature of our school. We recognise that worship can happen anywhere and takes many forms. A selection of photographs from Acts of Worship at school and celebrations at the Church can be viewed below.
The Gospel values, based on the Beatitudes in the Gospel of Matthew (Chapter 5: 1-11) underpin all that we do in school. These values are made explicit to the school community at assemblies and liturgies and explored throughout the week in the classroom. When we come to celebrate achievement in the school, we recognise first and foremost those who have witnessed to Gospel values, as well as recognising excellence in other areas.
Our Gospel Values are Kindness, Humility, Justice, Forgiveness, Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Peace.
Our Mission Statement reflects our dedication to the teachings of Christ.
"I am the way, the truth and the life"
St Mary’s is a Catholic Primary School .
We place our children at the heart of all we do,
inspired by the love, life and teachings of Jesus
and the Catholic Christian Church.
We aim to:
- Nurture children to be happy, healthy, secure and who are treated with equal dignity and respect, ensuring every child’s contribution is encouraged, valued and celebrated
- Equip our children with all the abilities needed to regard life as a gift to be lived to the full. (John 10:10)
- That the reality of prayer and worship become meaningful personal experiences which permeate everything we do.
- Support parents in their role as the first educators of their children in the ways of their faith and life and develop and maintain good relationships between the school, home, parish and wider community.
- Enable each child to reach their full potential by providing an enriching and relevant curriculum, within a caring learning environment.